Get to know the Girl Geek Academy team

There’s lots of awesome women who work at Girl Geek Academy. Here’s a little bit of info about who they are.

There are 5 women who helped create Girl Geek Academy. They noticed there wasn’t anything like Girl Geek Academy, so they decided to make it themselves! Here’s some more info about who they are:

• Sarah is the CEO of Girl Geek Academy. She learnt to code when she was just 5!
  • Lisy is an award winning games producer, among many other things.
  • Tammy is an engineering leader!
  • Amanda is our chief hipster, so she’s great at art. She’s the one who designed our branding, like the background for the forum!
  • April is the chief maker at Girl Geek Academy. She built her own 3D printer before you could even buy them!

Cherie and Leura also work at Girl Geek Academy, and will be in the forums to chill out, and give you help if you need! :woman_technologist:

SO MANY FRIENDS!

Do you have any questions for us? Post them below!

one question is that how do you know how is who?

1 Like

Sarah is me! I’m the CEO, that’s why my name is @Sarah_CEO (original, right?)
@Leura is Leura, the videogame creator :space_invader:
@cherie is our awesome maker. She makes soooooo many cool things! You should definitely ask her about it. :hammer_and_wrench:

Our other cofounders will be joining us either today or Thursday!

You can read more and ask more questions to learn more about us around the forums. If you want to tag someone to talk with them, use the “@” symbol and start typing their name… then select it! :purple_heart:

hey! :grinning: :smiley: :smile: :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :wink: :blush: :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :kissing_heart: :kissing: :relaxed: :kissing_closed_eyes: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :yum: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :money_mouth_face: :hugs: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Hey Angel!!! :star_struck: :cowboy_hat_face: :partying_face: :sunglasses: :nerd_face: :space_invader:

1 Like

so I have not seen @cherie online yet sadly :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh yeah! I should have mentioned - she doesn’t work on Thursdays oops! She has another job too. It’s really cool, I might get her to tell you about it next week!!

ok cool @Sarah_CEO thx for telling me :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

2 Likes

these are the only people I know of doing this

1. @cherie
  2. @Sarah_CEO
  3. @Leura
  4. @uniworldgirl
  5. @Akshadha
  6. @LittleBunny
3 Likes

Hi Angel :smile: I am back!

I will be on here on Thursdays.

1 Like

Hey angel! It’s me nugget

1 Like

Hello Sarah and everyone else!
This is my first day here and these are my details

Favorite Colour is aqua
Favorite Animal is Three-toed-baby sloth
Favourite emoji is :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Three toes?!? I have to google this…

Hiya @SlothGirl !! Welcome to the forums :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Have you seen the favourite animal topic? I’m sure everyone would be super super interested in a three-toed-baby-sloth!

1 Like

Welcome xiefang63 sloths sleeping yes please

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m Lisy! First day on the forums :hearts:

3 Likes

Hi Lisy! Welcome to the forums :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like
Girl Geek Academy Forums flyer

The (free!) forums are run every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-6PM, and are safely monitored by the Girl Geek Academy team..

We need everyone’s help to keep the Girl Geek Academy Forums a friendly and creative community where people with different backgrounds and interests feel welcome.

Be respectful.

When sharing projects or posting comments, remember that other Girl Geeks of different ages (8-12) and backgrounds will see what you’ve shared.

Be constructive.

When commenting on others' projects, say something you like about it and offer suggestions.

Share.

You are free to remix projects, ideas, images, or anything else you find on the Girl Geek Academy Forums – and anyone can use anything that you share. Be sure to give credit when you remix.

Keep personal info private.

For safety reasons, don't give out any information that could be used for private communication - such as real last names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, links to social media sites or websites with unmoderated chat.

Be honest.

Don’t try to impersonate other forum users, spread rumors, or otherwise try to trick the community.

Help keep the site friendly.

If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.

Our forums welcomes Girl Geeks of all races, ethnicities, religions, and abilities.

To receive a special invite to the forums, please complete the form below!

Girl Geek Academy Forums

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.