Hello my name is... (introduce yourself!)

How are you? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m great, thank you! :slight_smile: Did you know you can make your own topics too!

Have you used Scratch? We have a topic about it here: Coding in scratch - #8 by uniworldgirl

2 Likes

I don’t know if i have used it so i will try

1 Like

I went to the topic and it looks very fun!!!

Hello everyone,

My name is April, Im one of the co-founders of Girl Geek Academy and Im really into making things.

My regular job is an engineer where I get to make software for a bank, but I also like to 3D print robots and science fiction props in my spare time.

This is one of the Astromech Driods I made earlier this year, its entirely 3D printed, took me a long while to make but was really fun.

4 Likes

That is soooooo cool!!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

that looks awesome, is that Raspberry Pi based?

2 Likes

Thanks april! Yup, it’s got a Raspberry Pi 3A+ inside :grinning:

Your 3D Printed Robots are AMAZING!

Welcome @IAwesomeKITTY!

Hi @jenniferulyatt and @lani! Thanks for joining us on the forums. :partying_face:

It’s our first day and we are getting to know everyone, and how the forums will work! :heartbeat:

Feel free to post until 6pm today and then we will all hang out again at 4pm on Thursday :cowboy_hat_face:

Hi! My name is IAwesomeKITTY. I like playing with LEGO boost and EV3’s.

1 Like

Wow they are both super fun robots @IAwesomeKITTY! Do you do any coding on the EV3’s? I have learned a little bit but so much more to learn!!!

Hey IAwesomeKITTY! If you’d like, we’re chatting about cool things we’ve made at Things I've Made , and we’re talking about our favourite school subjects at What's your favourite class?. There’s lots of other things we’re talking about too, so I’d recommend having a look around and replying to topics you think are cool! :slight_smile:

Yes I do it with my family and love building with my Dad.

2 Likes

Ok! Thx for telling me!:yum:

3 Likes

hey I am here ready and typing

1 Like

Welcome @LittleBunny @BatAmber @QED and @SlothGirl :star_struck:

2 Likes

So good to see you again mate! I’m wondering if we should have a new thread to check in and say hello each day? What do you think? I’d love your thoughts!

1 Like

yeah Wellcome hope u like the chat!

2 Likes
Girl Geek Academy Forums flyer

The (free!) forums are run every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-6PM, and are safely monitored by the Girl Geek Academy team..

We need everyone’s help to keep the Girl Geek Academy Forums a friendly and creative community where people with different backgrounds and interests feel welcome.

Be respectful.

When sharing projects or posting comments, remember that other Girl Geeks of different ages (8-12) and backgrounds will see what you’ve shared.

Be constructive.

When commenting on others' projects, say something you like about it and offer suggestions.

Share.

You are free to remix projects, ideas, images, or anything else you find on the Girl Geek Academy Forums – and anyone can use anything that you share. Be sure to give credit when you remix.

Keep personal info private.

For safety reasons, don't give out any information that could be used for private communication - such as real last names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, links to social media sites or websites with unmoderated chat.

Be honest.

Don’t try to impersonate other forum users, spread rumors, or otherwise try to trick the community.

Help keep the site friendly.

If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.

Our forums welcomes Girl Geeks of all races, ethnicities, religions, and abilities.

To receive a special invite to the forums, please complete the form below!

Girl Geek Academy Forums

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.