Question for the Girl Geeks - help us decide!

Hi Girl Geeks,

As you know these forums have been an experiment and we have been working on the best ways to make them work.

I am looking at upgrading the forums to add:

• Girl Geek team can video chat alongside the forums, so we can stream games or coding
  • Classes you can sign up for
  • Special guests who are experts who can come in and teach us special skills we want to learn

Does this sound like something you would be OK with me rolling out?

it’s based on some of the different things we have been trialling over the past few months.

Thoughts?

@uniworldgirl @nveeima @PipSqueak @Dragongirl @Soccergirl @PinkPoodle @LittleBunny @Skywalker08 @keene

2 Likes

cool cool :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Anything else you might like to see? :sarah_yellow_heart: :sarah_purple_heart: :sarah_pink_heart: :sarah_coral_heart: :sarah_green_heart:

1 Like

Sounds cool! except can they be optional, as some girls (i.e. me) aren’t comfortable showing their faces/voices to the entire internet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah - no we wouldn’t put you on camera, only the teachers :slight_smile:

Sorry I should have been clearer!

I call us “Girl Geek team” but I realise you are also part of the Girl Geek team too… so that was a bad choice of words on my part! It’s because I don’t like using the word “teacher”… because I am not really one of those haha

@uniworldgirl @nveeima any thoughts?

1 Like

@PipSqueak @Soccergirl @Dragongirl :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Soz for not getting back to u earlier, ok thanks, Sounds awesome! Is that the one on saturday?

1 Like

I love how it just said… “22 days later”

1 Like

Sounds like a horror movie I saw once :crazy_face:

It is now, yep!!! Doesn’t mean we will move there, we might do both. But we definitely need a place for workshops :slight_smile:

Girl Geek Academy Forums flyer

The (free!) forums are run every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-6PM, and are safely monitored by the Girl Geek Academy team..

We need everyone’s help to keep the Girl Geek Academy Forums a friendly and creative community where people with different backgrounds and interests feel welcome.

Be respectful.

When sharing projects or posting comments, remember that other Girl Geeks of different ages (8-12) and backgrounds will see what you’ve shared.

Be constructive.

When commenting on others' projects, say something you like about it and offer suggestions.

Share.

You are free to remix projects, ideas, images, or anything else you find on the Girl Geek Academy Forums – and anyone can use anything that you share. Be sure to give credit when you remix.

Keep personal info private.

For safety reasons, don't give out any information that could be used for private communication - such as real last names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, links to social media sites or websites with unmoderated chat.

Be honest.

Don’t try to impersonate other forum users, spread rumors, or otherwise try to trick the community.

Help keep the site friendly.

If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.

Our forums welcomes Girl Geeks of all races, ethnicities, religions, and abilities.

To receive a special invite to the forums, please complete the form below!

Girl Geek Academy Forums

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.