Scratch - To App!

Hiii guys! I saw this tutorial and decided that the people who are here (not a lot but anyways) can give a go with me at converting a scratch project to an app! I haven’t tried this, so sorry if it doesn’t work, but I think this’ll be fun!

3 Likes

Let’s do it @vvasan!

2 Likes

So first, we need to sign in, and choose a project - I’m choosing the Nyan Cat Game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We can only do this on Windows and Mac, because Apple charges us money :frowning:

2 Likes

There are rules though -

2 Likes

Wait I’m on an apple laptop! Will it still work? I guess we can try and see!

2 Likes

First, we must convert every single graphic to bitmap

2 Likes

Let’s still see if it works, if it does come to that, then… I’m not sure

2 Likes

Ok great :slight_smile: How do we convert the graphics?

2 Likes

(You can see my “awesome” problem solving) :laughing:

2 Likes

So e.g click on the sprite, go to paint editor, and at the bottom, click, convert to bitmap (if it’s already on bitmap, no need) and do this for all backdrops too

2 Likes

Ok 1 sec, I’m gonna try this!

2 Likes

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: OK!

2 Likes

Ok I did it! What’s next? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hold on, give a sec :slight_smile: (I’m so unprepared)

2 Likes

Hahah no stress! Take ya timeee :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

OK - now it’s - no sounds longer than 29 seconds

1 Like

Ok! Give me a second :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also no copywrighted sounds - we don’t wanna get sued :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might continue this on Thursday btw :slight_smile:

1 Like
Girl Geek Academy Forums flyer

The (free!) forums are run every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-6PM, and are safely monitored by the Girl Geek Academy team..

We need everyone’s help to keep the Girl Geek Academy Forums a friendly and creative community where people with different backgrounds and interests feel welcome.

Be respectful.

When sharing projects or posting comments, remember that other Girl Geeks of different ages (8-12) and backgrounds will see what you’ve shared.

Be constructive.

When commenting on others' projects, say something you like about it and offer suggestions.

Share.

You are free to remix projects, ideas, images, or anything else you find on the Girl Geek Academy Forums – and anyone can use anything that you share. Be sure to give credit when you remix.

Keep personal info private.

For safety reasons, don't give out any information that could be used for private communication - such as real last names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, links to social media sites or websites with unmoderated chat.

Be honest.

Don’t try to impersonate other forum users, spread rumors, or otherwise try to trick the community.

Help keep the site friendly.

If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.

Our forums welcomes Girl Geeks of all races, ethnicities, religions, and abilities.

To receive a special invite to the forums, please complete the form below!

Girl Geek Academy Forums

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.