Tuesday, 3rd November - Come say hi!

Hi everyone! I hope you’re having an awesome day today! How’s everyone going?

It’s a super sunny day where I am today, and I just got back from reading my book in the park with a milkshake :slight_smile: Is anyone reading anything fun at the moment?

2 Likes

Hi Guys! Happy November! I am reading hidden figures, what about you @leura?

2 Likes

Oh cool! Is that about those women who work at NASA @Debra_The_Bread? I’ve seen the movie!

Yes it is!

1 Like

Also, is your forum looking a bit weird? Mine looks weird, but I’m not sure if it’s just me!

1 Like

Not really! Whats wrong with your forum @leura? The only weird thing for me is the yellow bar is moved down! Its weird, I didn’t notice yesterday!

1 Like

Yea the yellow bar has moved for me as well, it’s annoying me! I think discourse (the people who invented the website we use to run the forums) might have done some sort of an update overnight :triumph:

1 Like

I might see if I can fix it later! :stuck_out_tongue: Have you gotten up to anything fun today @Debra_The_Bread?

Yeah maybe. I noticed I can PM you now. Can you tell me how to do that? Its a bit confusing @leura.

1 Like

I am reading House Of Secrets at the moment

2 Likes

Oh, really @Debra_The_Bread? We actually try not to use PM, just so we don’t have anyone feeling left out of conversations :slight_smile: if you need to chat about something private though, let me know and I’ll set up a PM for us!

2 Likes

Also hiiiii @IAwesomeKITTY!! I’ve never heard of that book before, is it good?

2 Likes

nothing much really. Yesterday I donated 50cm of my hair to AAAF (a charity that supports children with alopeica as my friend has alopecia, but other than that nothing much! How about you @Leura and @IAwesomeKITTY

2 Likes

Yes it is soooooooo goooooooood. I am also writing my own series of books at the moment!

3 Likes

Oh that’s fantastic @Debra_The_Bread! Good on you for doing that! I just checked with my ruler, that’s a lot of hair! :slight_smile: And @IAwesomeKITTY a book series sounds great!! What’s it about? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never donated hair, but my friend did once!

1 Like

Cool! Its a great thing to do if your hair has never been dyed. I just remembered that on Saturday our great big 35ft high blue gum tree was removed from our garden because it was dangerous. It was so jaw dropping see it come down though.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, that’s a BIG TREE :deciduous_tree:We had to get a big tree like that removed from my place a couple of years ago, it was crazy to watch! Did special people come and chop it down for you?

1 Like

Yeah they did. :deciduous_tree:

1 Like

I wonder how you would draw a pixel art tree… @Debra_The_Bread have you ever done pixel art before?

1 Like
Girl Geek Academy Forums flyer

The (free!) forums are run every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-6PM, and are safely monitored by the Girl Geek Academy team..

We need everyone’s help to keep the Girl Geek Academy Forums a friendly and creative community where people with different backgrounds and interests feel welcome.

Be respectful.

When sharing projects or posting comments, remember that other Girl Geeks of different ages (8-12) and backgrounds will see what you’ve shared.

Be constructive.

When commenting on others' projects, say something you like about it and offer suggestions.

Share.

You are free to remix projects, ideas, images, or anything else you find on the Girl Geek Academy Forums – and anyone can use anything that you share. Be sure to give credit when you remix.

Keep personal info private.

For safety reasons, don't give out any information that could be used for private communication - such as real last names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, links to social media sites or websites with unmoderated chat.

Be honest.

Don’t try to impersonate other forum users, spread rumors, or otherwise try to trick the community.

Help keep the site friendly.

If you think a project or comment is mean, insulting, too violent, or otherwise inappropriate, click “Report” to let us know about it.

Our forums welcomes Girl Geeks of all races, ethnicities, religions, and abilities.

To receive a special invite to the forums, please complete the form below!

Girl Geek Academy Forums

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.